Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The first batch of illustrations

Yesterday I sent out the first set of illustrations for the book to the authors. I'm going to see if I can show some here, but first I'm going to ask the authors what I can say and can't, and what I'm allowed to show. I got an email last night saying that they liked the drawings (personally I wanted hear the word love, though she used two "!" so that's something) but that some of them need a little tweaking. Nothing to much, a few changes to the scissors or brushes, so luckily nothing that is going to take a lot of effort.

Having done these drawings put me up to 20 of the 30 I need for my contractual obligation. That's the main thing I worry about, not fulfilling the contract and getting sued. I know I still have more than a month to finish 10 images and ink them all, but ever since I signed the contract and got half of my fee, I've just had a major sense of urgency. They also told me that they want more than 30 so the faster I get done with these I can start on the others and get more money (yeah I know that sounds bad).

The authors want to meet up to discuss the changes needed to the pictures, so I sent an email telling them I could do it whenever. Hopefully I'll hear from them soon.

No comments: